Nothing is new anymore

It seems like everything you can think up, someone has already considered it somewhere in some way. Today I had thought that I had come up with a wonderfully unique creation for a character that would be unique to the world I had created it for. I even drew up what it would look like and gave it a name that seemed logical.

It was apparently very logical because a search online showed the name in use for the same creation I had dreamed up. I had never heard of any such creatures before, but they were so easy to imagine that it turned out I was not the first to imagine them.

Very frustrating when that happens. What seems like a wonderfully great idea is dashed almost to pieces because it is discovered to not be as new and unique as it had seemed when it was borne out of a conversation. Makes me wonder if there really are any new ideas out there after all.

0 comments: