Take the time to get organized

I have been reading Organizing Your Office For Success! by Lisa Kanarek (1993 Plume, an imprint of Dutton Signet, a division of Penguin Books USA Inc.)

I've had this book for a few years but have never really read it so much as just half-heartedly scanned it. This time I started actually reading it with the intent of implementing things that are suggested in the book in my designing of my office in the basement.

One of the things that struck me as I was reading was a quick tip that said "Take the time to get organized. In the long run you'll come out ahead.... just as it takes money to make money, it also takes time to save time."

The tip was, obviously, longer than that, but you get the gist of it there. I'm going to take her advice to heart and take the time to get things set up properly and organized in my home office so that it can run smoothly and I won't be wasting time trying to get things done that should have taken a third as long as they end up taking.

0 comments: