Forms for writing

I was just talking on my Work at Home blog about creating business forms for your business, and that got me to thinking about the use of forms in writing. Things such as character worksheets, daily writing count logs, submissions forms for where manuscripts have been sent, and so on and so forth. The same thing I had said about running a small business can be said for writers - which is with desktop publishing programs there is no longer any need to use forms that are "Kind of right for the job", just make your own. Look at what you have a need for and sketch out a form that would do the job how you want it done, then create your forms and print them out. Forms are as necessary to your writing business as creating a business plan - and I even see them as kind of being a part of a proper business plan. And printing them is a business expense - just as much as it would be a business expense if you had to go out and buy the forms ready made.

0 comments: